Friday, April 23, 2010

Sew Excited




Today I went shopping for upholstery fabric. I had picked it out a few weeks ago with my mother-in-law and as the sale ended this weekend, I thought I'd better get it purchased. We have a very comfortable well-worn armchair that has seen better days and she offered to help me recover it. But that's a project for another day. I guess that means a blog post for another day too.

As is often the case, I go into a crafting store for one project and get sidetracked into purchasing supplies for another. My daughter and I have been eying all those cute trendy aprons out there and I thought I'd pick up some fabric so that we could create one together. After finding some very cute fabric, I thought it just might make a cute table runner as well.

Isn't it darling? I love the fresh colors for spring and summer.



So in my usual creative mode, I had to get right to work. Never mind the dishes, I was on a mission. I tore strips of fabric in varying widths and then cut them all 17" wide. I actually have no idea how long it is. Just pieced it together in strips until I reached the right length. I knew I had some leftover white cotton for the backing. I was totally shocked that I had a piece leftover from a white smocked dress I had created ten years ago. The unbelievable part was that it was EXACTLY (no kidding!) the right length and one inch too wide.

Seriously. What are the odds?


So here's my super easy sewing project. It felt so good to sew again. I think I'm going to have to get back to more stitching.


While I was at it, I rearranged some of the stuff on the dresser. This was the old dresser I picked up and painted and am using as a sideboard in my eating area.

This is what it looked like late fall. I had just been thrifty and folded an old tablecloth into a tablerunner type thing. I loved the warm color addition then...




But I'm totally lovin' the fresh look of these prints now for spring and summer. Best of all, the project took me less than an hour. That's something to be excited about.

This post links up with Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special...


Have a great weekend!

Julia

19 comments:

  1. Julia! It's adorable. I love it and yes, it's perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colors of the fabric you chose! I'm addicted to fabric so when I go to the store for some I usually end up with fabric for the unknown project to. I need to organize it so I know what I have though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric it looks great and fun for spring!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I love fabric so much and I can't sew a lick:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those spring fabrics! My daughter bought some of the same ones for a baby quilt... I forgot that the sale ended yesterday - oh well, my hubby would probably insist I have too much fabric already.
    Can't wait to see the pics of the armchair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia! You are creative, girl!

    Happy to find your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great and I love that piece of furniture! It has so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this table runner, Julia! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julia...what a wonderful table runner you've created. Love the multiple patterns and it looks stunning on your buffet table. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Much appreciated.
    I like your side board and it's new apron.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
    Hotmail Customer Service Number USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. This entire harmony of original justice was lost by the sin of our first parents. Created in a state of holiness, man was destined to be fully "divinized" by God in glory. But he preferred himself to God and disobeyed God's command. How long will my JustCBD Bath Bomb or Soap take to arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thus, Adam and Eve immediately lost the grace of original holiness, and the harmony in which they had lived was destroyed. They were separated from Beauty Itself. God, however did not abandon mankind, all of whom share in the sin of Adam, since "by one man's disobedience all were made sinners" (Rom. 5:12). In the fullness of time God sent His Son to restore that which had been lost. The Son, who is "beautiful above the sons of men," came to restore us to beauty. How do you use CBD bath bombs?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Finding Beauty @ Home. And thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate each one. Have a beautiful day!

Julia