Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Drool

Drool. I can feel my waistline expanding just from looking at some of the latest recipes that have landed in my inbox over the past few days. It's that time of the year for holiday entertaining. I always have big plans. I've always loved baking since I started as a young teenager. And really, who doesn't love a new recipe?!

The Kraft Canada mailing arrived in my inbox yesterday and then when I went to get the mail...there was a nice glossy magazine in my snail mail box from them as well! If you don't get this free newsletter and mailing, it's very easy to do right on the site. It is always a great source for yummy and very doable recipes.

Is this new Snowball Cake to die for or what?



Company's Coming is a Canadian recipe book series by Jean Pare. I've been a huge fan of this series since I was a teenager. As I mentioned, I loved baking and the cookbook 150 Delicious Squares was my first of the series and still one of my top faves today. It's about ready to fall apart but no matter. I still love it. You can sign up for the free newsletter here...

Anyone else love peanut butter and chocolate? I think we need to make these Peanut Butter Balls!


Five Minute Fudge...this sounds like something I could handle.



Do you think I just "might" have a thing for chocolate?

Taste of Home is just an incredible source for home-style recipes. I think I have every issue from their first ten years in my stash. When I get an urge to try something new, they are a great resource. Even better is something I discovered a couple weeks ago. You can get every recipe they've ever printed except for the past year (you can get those if you are a subscriber) free on their web-site. And that includes recipes from Quick Cooking, Light & Tasty and Country Woman. Just in case you think we eat nothing besides chocolate, I went looking for an apple recipe I had made about 11 years ago and actually found it. Applescotch Sundaes...


Do you love to bake in the fall too? Hope this inspires you to get started. There's nothing quite like home-made.

Have a beautiful day!
Julia

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE to bake - my figure proves it! Now that our kids are grown and moved out, I don't do as much. I do enter a lot of baking in local fairs though, and bake for our school's bazaar.
    Thanks for the link to the Company's Coming newsletter - I've signed up. I think Jean has some of THE best recipes ever! (I have about 15 of her cookbooks, and love giving her books as shower and wedding gifts too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baking desserts, especially in the Fall and Winter!(Unfortunately, I love eating them,too!) These look so yummy. I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Finding Beauty @ Home. And thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate each one. Have a beautiful day!

Julia