Friday, November 6, 2009

Thrift Store Thursday

OK, OK...it's really not Thursday but the title worked and I DID do my thrift store shopping yesterday which was THURSDAY. When my older kids were small, I used to shop at thrift stores & garage sales all the time. I totally got out of the habit but now I'm finding some fun things can be found there at some great deals and they also provide some great inexpensive supplies for crafting projects. There's beauty in finding new uses for things! Want to see my latest goodies?



I'm loving the black metal star I picked up for $4. It's either going in the back entranceway or my kitchen or hmmm....perhaps even outside. I wish there had been more and then I wouldn't have to decide! When I do, I'll show you a photo.

Yes, those are second hand sweaters and no, I'm not going to wear them. It's been a long time since I was size small. They are crafting material! I can't wait to get started but you'll have to wait to see what I do with them. Hopefully I'll have a project or two to share with them next week. Until then, I'm still working on that dresser/sideboard. It now has four coats of paint, the last of which is drying nicely. I'm going to take a really fine sandpaper to it and then do one last coat. I'm thrilled with how it's shaping up and can't wait to share! Maybe tomorrow?


Have a beautiful day! Julia

1 comment:

  1. Great finds, Julia! I love those stars--have about 5 of them in my house--didn't get them for that price, though! Well done! Can't wait to see what you've got planned for the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Finding Beauty @ Home. And thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate each one. Have a beautiful day!

Julia