Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting Cozy in the Kitchen... candle wraps & gingersnaps



Mmmmmm... it's starting to feel and smell like Christmas! I had a productive day getting some holiday crafting done, spending time with the little boys as they had a school day off and this evening we had a little baking fun. Gingersnaps. Yum!

Here's one of the super quick projects I made today. It's a sweater candle wrap. You may remember the sweater pillow I created here. Well, I kept the sleeves as I KNEW I could find a use for them. I love this fun little wrap. I simply cut the sleeve to size and slid it over the candle jar. Originally I was going to hem the edges but I'm loving the rustic look of the raw edges. I think it makes my candle look oh so warm and cozy.


And here's a few pictures of our fun tonight in the kitchen. Three of my five kids and a couple extras just having fun.










Gingersnaps - these melt in your mouth…one of my faves and a recipe I treasure as it came from my mom

2 cups sugar

3/4 cups margerine

3/4 cup lard

1/2 cup molasses

2 large eggs

4 cups flour

2 teaspoons ginger

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 teaspoons baking soda

Cream and beat first four ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients. Roll into balls. Coat with sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.

Have a fabulous weekend!


Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Finding Beauty @ Home. And thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate each one. Have a beautiful day!

Julia