I've been having a fun time tasseling lately. I think I'm a tassel addict as they are so fun and easy to create. When I went to stock up on tassel fringe and trim, there was a lot of beautiful trims on sale. I just had to buy a lot. Of course now I have a huge bag of it to sort through every time I want to create a tassel. This ended up a good thing though as I had a light-bulb moment with the green trim. I did not own a wreath and it got me to thinking about creating one.
- 12" Styrofoam wreath shape
- 2 yards of green trim (you'll probably have some leftover to tassel with)
- straight pins
- ribbon to hang it with... I used 24" of black and gold ribbon
- Starting at the outside edge, start pinning the trim to the wreath base.
- Pin every 2-3" to secure well
- Once the first circle is completed, spiral trim until you have completed 3 passes and wreath is covered.
- Fluff up trim and enjoy.
So what do you think? I'm having fun with it and it looks so pretty and festive. It's fun to find beauty in the supplies you already have.
This post links up with Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special.
And The Inspired Room's Holiday Linky Party
Have a great weekend!