Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday Greenery



As Christmas is coming up quickly this year and we're in the middle of a lot of other home projects right now, I've decided to keep Christmas decorating as simple as possible. Of course, the cupboard costs on the new craft room alone have kind of blown my budget so I'm going the least expensive route as well. I love big beautiful wreaths but decided the simplest idea for this year would be to just reuse a metal wall planter that I purchased the the fall. Actually, one of the reasons I love it so much is that it is so neutral. I just adore the green and brown stripes that make it look pretty but are also easy to coordinate with different seasons. I had also intended this for use on the outside of my door but puppy is in a wild and crazy chewing mode and right now...nothing is safe outside.



Last week I took a little trip to Michaels to see what I could find to put in it for winter. At the time, my most economical options was actually to purchase a couple small silver picks to accent and the large portion of the greenery is actually a swag that I turned upside down, bent a little more and then just popped into my planter. Seriously...it took me a couple minutes tops. I love quick and easy.



Now yesterday I just HAD to have my weekly shop at Home Sense (I believe it's the Canadian equivalent to Home Goods?) and I found some darling tassels. I wasn't quite sure where I was going to put them but they were pretty and I knew I'd find a place. One of them made it into my holiday greenery planter and I love how it finished it off.


I apologize for the less than stellar photos. There is just so little light the past few days. I can't wait until the sun comes out again!



This post links up with Red Writing's TWOC: Christmas Wreaths party


and Kimba's DIY Day

Have a beautiful day!

Julia

2 comments:

  1. Very Pretty
    Sometimes less decorating is more (as they say)
    I'm sure your home will be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Finding Beauty @ Home. And thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate each one. Have a beautiful day!

Julia