Saturday, January 9, 2010

love my honey and french silk pie

It's been a busy week. Back to school. Back to a schedule. Back to getting on track with design work. Back to being healthy for my hubby. The Strep Throat is now under control and he's back at work. Today he's getting back to the renovation too. I'm excited but poor man, it's his birthday and he's working as hard as ever. I'm treating him with some of his favorites today. Waffles for breakfast and meatballs for dinner. Instead of a cake, I've been busy baking up a couple pies.

Just so you know, it pays to live with your camera ready at all times. Look what I noticed in his orange juice glass this morning. Totally random and so sweet! How's that for a nice way to start your birthday? Can you see the heart? Just goes to show that he's such a sweetie even the orange juice knows it.



Since I haven't been able to work on anything around the house this week, I thought I'd share the recipe for what I've been baking for the birthday dinner instead of a cake. He loves French Silk pie and so I've whipped up a couple for tonight. It takes quite a while to beat it all up but it's a great time to practice your photography. ;) I guess I should have been doing the dishes but....whatever!





French Silk Pie

2/3 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate melted
1 tablespoons cocoa
3 eggs

1 baked pie shell

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix in melted chocolate and cocoa. Beat in eggs one at a time mixing 5 minutes after each addition. Pour into pie shell. Chill 4 hours or overnight.

Note: This pie contains raw eggs so be careful to keep well refrigerated.


OK so this isn't the best photo. I should have carried the pies over to some natural light but oh well. Trust me. They taste better than they look. I know, I licked the batter.

Have a beautiful Saturday!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Finding Beauty @ Home. And thanks for your lovely comments. I appreciate each one. Have a beautiful day!

Julia